Prep time: 20 minutes + 1 hour 30 minutes soaking + 30 minutes drying
no cooking time
- 130 g (3/4 cup) burghul
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 4 scallions sliced
- 120 g chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 10 g fresh mint chopped
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the burghul in a bowl, cover with 500 ml water and leave for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half, squeeze gently to remove any excess seeds and cut into 1 cm cubes. Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, remove the seeds with a teaspoon and cut the flesh into 1 cm cubes.
3. To make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a bowl until well combined. Season well with freshly ground black pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
4. Drain the burghul and squeeze out any excess water. Spread the burghul on a clean paper towel and leave to dry for 30 minutes. Place the burghul in a large salad bowl, add the tomato, cucumber, spring onion and herbs, and toss to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.