Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 pita bread rounds
- 6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 8 scallions chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Split the bread in half through the centre and bake on a baking tray for 8-10 minutes, or until golden and crisp, turning halfway through. Break into pieces.
2. To make the dressing, Whisk all the ingredients together until combined.
3. place the bread and remaining salad ingredients in a serving bowl and toss to combine. Pour on the dressing and toss well. Season. Serve immediately.